Windows 7 comes to Retails
Now the Windows 7 is officially out, there is a good reason to discuss whats so special with new OS from Microsoft. We have already covered the 77 Windows 7 tips, but here a few more features that the Windows 7 website suggests, would make you want it more!
So here are the 10 good reasons why you should buy a copy of Windows 7:
- Get quicker access to all of your stuff—use Pin and Jump Lists to keep the programs and files you use the most right at your fingertips.
- Manage open windows easier—resize and arrange windows simply by dragging their borders to the edge of your screen.
- Quickly find what you’re looking for—use Windows Search to find a specific file, program, or e-mail in a few seconds.
- Share files and printers among multiple PCs—from one Windows 7-based PC to another, you canshare files, music, photos, and even printers across your home network.
- Stay entertained effortlessly—with Windows Media Center you get one place to enjoy your photos and music, watch and record live TV, and watch free Internet TV.
- Easily create and share movies—create great looking and slideshows and share them on YouTube in minutes.
- Connect to networks easily—view and connect to any available in as few as three clicks.
- Do more and wait less—improvements that can accelerate
- Touch and tap rather than point and click—Windows 7 makes PCs with
- Manage devices more easily—manage printers, cameras, music players, and other from a single, consistent, place.
There is one more feature not listed here that really interests me. I found this one on the Engineering Windows 7 Blog. Windows 7 bring additional 50 new fonts, with increased quality and range.
EW7 reports that Windows 7 will be the first Windows version to ship with more non-Latin fonts. The font packages contain major area of development for Indian languages. While Windows Vista consisted 9 Indian fonts, Windows 7 will ship with 40 more Indian fonts.
Another significant development in fonts is the Font control panel. The Font control panel shows thumbnails of fonts consisting the type of font style as shown in the screen-shot below. It even shows hidden-installed fonts.
Source: Windows 7 official homepage.